EA Announce 1.3m BF3 Premium Users in Q1 Financials
In EA’s Q1 financial results, the company revealed that 1.3 million Battlefield 3 Premium subscriptions were sold. There was other good news across the board too.
The news is sure to put a smile on the faces of EA executives across the globe. Here are the other key facts revealed by EA regarding their franchises and finances:
- Star Wars: The Old Republic is set to transition into a F2P MMO in November. Either a $14.99 premium subscription can be purchased, or a F2P character can be used with in-game currencies.
- Madden NFL pre-orders up 25% this year compared to last.
- FIFA Ultimate Team brought in $30m in digital revenue in the last quarter.
- EA’s games/services for mobile devices generated 37% more revenue in Q1 2012 than Q1 2011.
- BF3 and FIFA 12 sell combined total of over 2 million in Q1.
- Origin boasts 21 million users, 9 million mobile users. 57 developers signed up.
- EA make profit of $221m.
- Plans for a $500m share repurchase.